Our client is one of the leading law firms in the Belgian market. With a team of more than 200 lawyers and business professionals, they offer their clients top quality legal advice. Their Brussels office is located in the vibrant heart of the city and is very accessible by public transport (train/metro/tram/bus). They are currently looking for a Client Administrator who will join their Corporate & Finance Team.
Purpose of the job
As a Client Administrator you are responsible for processing the firm’s required compliance, billing and administrative duties on client matters. You play a central role between the business, the clients and the internal departments. You coordinate the exchange of information and documentation related to legal matters between all parties involved.
- Managing and administering the different parts to open and close client matters: from conflict checking, over billing, to qualitatively archiving client files when closed
- Matter/case opening: at client matter inception, liaising with the client/lawyers/Risk & Compliance department to ensure all activities and duties adhere to risk and compliance/KYC requirements; assisting with the preparation of engagement letters; etc.
- Matter/client management: keeping client & matter data up to date in the firm’s practice management systems; reporting on progress of the matter to internal stakeholders and to the client; filing of relevant documents when file is closed
- Billing & accounting assistance: preparation and management of billing together with the lawyers and the Finance department; keeping track of fees to record; preparing client invoices (formatting, saving, printing in coordination with billing team); following up of unpaid invoices in collaboration with Finance; etc.
- Providing a high-level customer service to clients and internal stakeholders at the firm in Brussels and in BeNeLux
- Collaborating and communicating efficiently with internal & external stakeholders, such as: clients, lawyers, finance & compliance colleagues, assistants from the Corporate & Finance practice group, etc.
- This is a creation of a role/department so the job content can gradually evolve over time. Once you are familiar with all duties, activities and procedures; initiatives to improve the efficiency or the quality of service will definitely be appreciated!
- You will be working closely together with 1 other Client Administrator, a very friendly & dedicated colleague. You will be each other’s back-up in case of holidays/absences.
- Excellent command of Dutch, French and English
- Ideally a relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Ideally minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a back-office/financial support/administrative role, ideally in the finance/banking sector or in professional services. Knowledge of/previous experience with compliance procedures/KYC/etc. is obviously a big advantage.
- Computer literate: comfortable working with MS Office, different databases & CRM systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate & collaborate professionally with senior level lawyers, clients and staff
- Highly organised & punctual, able to set priorities and multitask assignments, excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful and positive attitude, ability to adapt to different situations and personalities and apply common sense
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Trusted self-started who can work autonomously
- Ability to be proactive & solution oriented
- Ability to work efficiently in a diverse team
- A permanent contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Possibilities to work from home during 2 days/week
- High-standard learning environment with room for initiative & personal growth
- This is a newly created position/department: you will be able to grow into the role and then work very autonomously, you will also be able to introduce some of your own ideas/suggestions
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented, corporate environment in very nice offices in the centre of Brussels (easy access by train/metro/tram/bus!)
- Very nice team to work in!
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org