CERRE is an internationally known though, human-sized think tank (+/- 12 staff in the secretariat plus 30 networked, senior academics) providing original analyses and policy recommendations on the regulation of the tech, media, telecom, energy, and mobility sectors. Its 50+ prestigious membership list includes global corporations, regulation authorities and universities from Europe, the US and China. Its offices are located close to the Bois de la Cambre/Ter Kameren and are therefore easily accessible by public transport. They are currently recruiting a diligent Head of Communications.
Purpose of the role
Designing and implementing effective communications strategies which will deliver expanded visibility to the organisation as well as enhance its impact in Europe and beyond. Leading a small team that delivers communications and events activities. Reporting to the Director General.
- Developing, driving, and managing all communications content, format, strategies, and activities to ensure the impact of the on-going programmes, reports, and events
- Developing, managing, and implementing the think tank’s communications strategy including a broad range of online and offline activities
- Ensuring a steady cadence of these activities, including online and hybrid events, social media, media relations, etc.
- Managing corporate communications to position the organisation as a global think tank of reference in its field
- Strengthening and developing long-term relationships with editorial desks and individual journalists (from local, national, and international media), pitching stories and interviews (with the Senior Staff and Academics), drafting press releases, opinion pieces, blogs, etc.
- Managing all communications activities related to the launch of the research projects and activities
- Engaging with academic and secretariat colleagues to define outcomes, objectives, and key messages
- Overseeing the development and delivery of public events to present the think tank research
- Drafting key messages and overseeing the preparation of communications materials (website text, press releases, infographics, videos, social media content and visuals)
- Delivering campaigns through engaging, advising and encouraging colleagues on the best use of communications tools
- Leading a small, dedicated team, overseeing every aspect, and checking the quality of content for all communication channels and tools using website, social media, events, and internal communications
- In collaboration with an external communications agency:
- Developing creative digital content across a variety of formats on online channels and social media
- Managing the production of all communications materials, including reports, issuing papers, op-eds, briefings, blogs, videos, visuals, newsletters, annual reports, etc.
- Overseeing the development, promotion, and delivery of high-profile events with Commissioners, MEPs, CEOs, and C-Suite stakeholders
- Managing and further developing the corporate identity, ensuring consistency of branding and messaging across all channels. Setting and monitoring standards and guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of messaging
- Checking and reviewing communications processes regularly as the context around the organisation evolves
- You ideally hold a relevant Bachelor or Master (in (Digital) Communications, Languages, etc.)
- You have at least 5 years’ relevant experience in communications (possibly current n°2 in the Communications team of a public affairs, communications agency, or industry association)
- You have media relations experience and contacts with a variety of journalists
- You have experience in leading and motivating a team to deliver ambitious results
- You have an excellent level of English (C2 – written and spoken) and ideally an operational level of French
- You are tech savvy and comfortable with online communication and creative tools
- You have the ability to quickly understand complex economic or legal material, identify key messages and translate these into effective communications
- You are creative
- You have great interpersonal skills and can interact at all levels
- You are a great communicator, concise in your written and oral expression
- You are rigorous, have outstanding attention to detail, are demanding for yourself as well as for your team.
- You are a dynamic self-starter, positive, entrepreneurial, ambitious, solution-focused, result-oriented, and resilient.
- A permanent and full-time contract or a freelance contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Working hours: 38 hours/week
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented and intellectually stimulating environment in very nice offices!
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org