Our client is an international association in the field of medical research. They coordinate clinical trials worldwide in partnership with their 50+ member organisations. Their Brussels office gathers +/- 30 staff and is located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert. They are today looking for a diligent Philanthropy Communications Manager.
Purpose of the role
The Philanthropy unit is dedicated to raising funds for academic research. As a Philanthropy Communications Manager, you will provide the HQ with leadership with regard to philanthropy related communications; determine the communications strategies for various events, campaigns and other philanthropy activities; and you will develop and implement them in consultation with other team members, including the communications team.
- Developing and implementing the annual philanthropy communications strategy, in close collaboration with both philanthropy and communication team members (planning of events and PR & press campaigns, etc.)
- Using the latest communications technologies to develop and write creative philanthropy focussed content and materials to ensure that philanthropy team members, Ambassadors, staff and leadership have the tools necessary to communicate about the organisation’s fundraising needs (e.g., corporate packages for sponsorships & partnerships, direct mailing & emailing campaigns, newsletters, brochures, website donor pages, social media content, Annual Report, etc.)
- Preparing and developing communications strategy and tools for philanthropic events in collaboration with the Events Manager (e.g., annual Gala, corporate events, etc.)
- Planning, preparing, or supervising the preparation and dissemination of electronic and print communications, and overseeing work of freelancers / vendors (e.g., for graphics) needed for specific projects
- Developing strategies, using, and helping to maintain the digital peer-to-peer and donation platforms
- Participating in philanthropy related press and public relation campaigns and events, e.g., drafts press releases, manages media lists and contact databases; conducting media monitoring using related tools
- Contributes to the promotion and achievement of a consistent style and messaging across internal and external communications
- Performing a variety of general and specific administrative functions (e.g., using the CRM database) as well as other duties as assigned
- Keeping up with philanthropy-related communication/PR trends and making proposals to fine-tune the organisation’s strategy and tactics whenever needed
- Master’s degree (ideally in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, …)
- A relevant professional experience of minimum 5 years in a similar communications role in in a non-profit/philanthropic environment or in a Corporate Social Responsibility department
- Fluent written and spoken English, French and Dutch
- Extensive knowledge and experience using digital tools such as fundraising platforms, social media planning, media monitoring, websites (WordPress) and emailing campaigns
- Comfortable using or eager to learn the latest communications technologies to make creative graphics, podcasts, videos, social media graphics, brochures, PowerPoint templates, etc. Able to use Canva, Photoshop or InDesign, amongst others.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize as needed
- Team player, positive and flexible attitude
- Integer person with strong business ethics
- Creative, proactive and resourceful personality
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers, Eco vouchers, health insurance, pension scheme, full reimbursement of public transport costs, cell phone, laptop, parking facilities, homeworking possibilities, 26 holidays/year
- Working hours: 38h/week, some flexibility will be required in order to attend events in the evenings or during weekends (but overtime will be recuperated)
- Location: the offices are located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert
- A stimulating working environment in an organisation which genuinely makes a difference!
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative, practice-changing medical research!
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com