Our client is an international law firm with numerous offices worldwide. Their Brussels office is located in the city centre of Brussels and is therefore very accessible by public transport (Louise area). Their human-sized and easy-going team is looking for a talented Assistant/Legal Secretary who will reflect their high-quality service and level of professionalism.
Purpose of the job
The Brussels team has grown and, therefore, there is a need for additional administrative support. The Assistant/Legal Secretary will support a team of lawyers (including 1 Partner) in their daily activities. He/she will offer assistance with agenda management, hotel & travel arrangements, conflict checks, timesheets & billing, submissions, document formatting, filing, etc.
- Coordinating agendas and invites (Outlook)
- Assistance with conflicts checks, new clients and matters openings
- Billing & accounting assistance: keeping track of fees to record; preparing client invoices (formatting, saving, printing in coordination with billing team); keeping track of recorded client invoices
- Recording and releasing timesheets when lawyers are travelling
- Making hotel and travel arrangements, preparing travel expense notes, monitoring the roaming costs ( and giving regular updates)
- Assistance with conference and events registrations, handling respective agenda updates
- Managing visa applications
- Handling submissions (printout and formatting of documents, photocopies, assembling in folders in a specific order, scanning of documents, organising the couriers) and archiving electronic / paper submissions
- Printing, formatting (layout and table of contents), scanning documents
- Filing documents (paper and electronic), archiving
- Handling catering orders, booking restaurants, ordering taxis
- Assistance with conference calls and video conferences arrangements
- Encoding and updating contacts in the firm’s database
- Assistance with meeting and seminar preparations (list of participants, storing the details in an electronic folder, formatting PowerPoint presentations)
- Working closely with the Receptionists/Office Assistants and Assistant/Legal Secretaries, ensuring an efficient transfer and communication within the team, providing cover in case of absence
- Excellent command of English and Dutch with a good working knowledge of French
- 2 to 5 years of administrative experience, preferably in an international Law Firm, Consulting Firm, Big 4/Financial Services Firm, EU institution or organisation
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent presentation, professional appearance and polite attitude, good elocution
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate with senior level Attorneys, Clients, Staff, suppliers and others visitors
- Highly organised & punctual, able to set priorities and multitask assignments, excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful and positive attitude, ability to adapt to different situations and personalities and apply common sense
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Stable and diplomatic personality, good listener
- Ability to be proactive & solution oriented
- Ability to work efficiently in a small team
- A permanent contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- Working hours: 9am-5.30pm or 9.30am-6pm
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), health insurance, 100% reimbursement of transport costs, 23 holiday days
- International and very dynamic working environment with room for initiative & personal growth.
- A varied position within a closely-knit team where a very good atmosphere prevails, especially between the lawyers and the support departments
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented, corporate environment in very nice and offices in the centre of Brussels!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org