Our client is a well-established and international company active in the biomedical sector. They are a market leader in laboratory testing and services that they offer to clients active in different industries (agricultural, environmental, food, pharmaceutical, …). In the context of a newly created COVID-19 test project, they are currently urgently looking for a motivated receptionist/administrative assistant.
Purpose of the role:
Welcoming people who are coming for a COVID-19 test, verifying relevant documents (application forms, ID cards, medical subscriptions, …), administrative follow-up of the process.
Most important tasks and responsibilities:
- Managing the reception: greeting and welcoming all visitors in a friendly & professional manner, answering their questions and giving information, showing empathy and compassion in order for patients to feel welcome and at ease
- Verifying the documents which visitors/patients bring with them: test application forms, ID cards, medical prescriptions, etc.
- Registering personal and medical data of each patient into the system (Excel)
- Processing payments (via a payment terminal or mobile app) unless the patients have already paid beforehand
- Collaborating closely with a nurse who will be administering the tests, ensuring an efficient queueing and rotation system with respect for the safety and hygiene rules (hand hygiene, social distancing, separate entry & exit path, …)
- Administrative follow-up of the process: sending the completed Excel-lists to the appropriate department internally at the end of each day, answering incoming e-mails and telephone calls, filing and archiving relevant documents, checking the stock of medical and other material, etc.
- Making sure the reception and waiting area are constantly professional looking
- You speak fluently Dutch and French. Ideally you also have a good working knowledge of English
- You already have proven experience in a similar role (reception, administrative support). Previous training or experience in the medical sector is a strong asset but not a necessity.
- You have strong capacities to welcome people in a warm, friendly and tactful way; as well as to represent the company in a professional way (professional presentation and elocution)
- You are computer literate (Outlook, Word, Excel) and you have strong administrative skills
- You know how to deal discretely with very confidential information (personal and medical documents)
- You are accurate, thorough and organised and you work with a lot of eye for detail
- You are autonomous, resourceful and solution oriented
- You are willing to show some flexibility regarding the working hours and the work location (you will not be working from the same location every day)
What we offer:
- Contract: a 6-month contract (might be extended afterwards)
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- Working hours: a full-time contract (38h/week) from Monday to Friday. The exact working schedule can differ slightly from day to day.
- Location: the headquarters is located near Kortrijk/Courtrai but the job holder will work from different locations in Belgium. Candidates living in the region of Izegem or Kortrijk can drive together with a colleague to the different locations. Candidates coming from other regions (Oost-Vlaanderen, Brussels, Vlaams-Brabant, …) will need to use own transportation but their travel costs will be reimbursed.
- A competitive salary
- A role with a lot of contacts. The possibility to be part of a new and quite exceptional project with clear relevance to society!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org