Our client is a human-sized and fast-growing scale-up in the fintech sector backed by one of the major banks. They offer products and services relating to the acceptance of card payments. Their offices are located in central Brussels and are very easily accessible by public transport. As part of their fast growth, they are today looking to recruit a diligent Client Relations & Operations Specialist to work as part of a team of 10.
Purpose of the role:
Executing complex operational and client support tasks in close collaboration with internal departments and external partners, ensuring a top-range service level at all times, participating in various projects, reporting to management.
- Screening and completing new client contracts
- Handling client risk acceptance, including credit risk analysis, compliance checks, data investigation (e.g. legal entities via the “Moniteur belge/Belgisch Staatsblad”, financial situation, type of business/activities, … )
- Handling client risk recertification (in case of change in the clients’ activities, management, etc.)
- Handling client file modifications: updating and changing existing contracts (new functionalities, close client relation, close account, bad debts, company legal form, etc.)
- Implementing complex client files (e.g. companies with multiple legal/ operational entities)
- Managing complaints and incidents, such as technical issues while processing payments
- Providing customer and sales support: handling incoming calls from clients, understanding their issues, providing 1st line support, escalating issues when too technical, advising clients, etc.
- Participating in various projects, in their follow up and their implementation, in close cooperation with the project team and external suppliers
- Participating in the set-up, description and documentation of new back office tasks, maintaining the documentation for existing tasks
- Monitoring the activity (against KPIs) and reporting to the Management
- Controlling and following up on invoicing and budget
- Contributing to the coaching of junior colleagues and newcomers
- You ideally hold a relevant Bachelor or you are equivalent by experience
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience acquired in a similar role (customer support/back-office role in a B2B environment) ideally within the financial sector
- You are fluent in French or Dutch with a working knowledge of the other language. An operational level of English is a plus.
- Knowledge of acquiring activity is a strong asset
- Knowledge of/experience with client risk evaluation and qualification is an advantage
- You have a very analytical, agile and inquisitive mind
- You have strong communications skills and can easily interact with colleagues and third parts (suppliers and clients)
- You are client & service oriented, your very good listening skills allow you to understand the issues of your customers and to come up with efficient solutions
- You have an affinity with more complex technical and financial concepts
- You are detail oriented, meticulous, and methodical
- You are efficient with a good focus on the results to be obtained
- You are autonomous but you also enjoy working as part of a small team, you have a collaborative approach
- You are a fast learner and enjoy developing your knowledge and skills
- You adopt a flexible and “can-do” attitude, honesty & integrity are important values to you
- A permanent, full-time employment contract
- Starting date: ASAP!
- A competitive salary with a very complete benefits package, including luncheon vouchers Eco cheques, group and health insurances, 32 holiday days (40h-workweek), a monthly net allowance, bonus, homeworking possibilities (up to 40% of the time), …
- Location: the company is located in the city centre and is therefore easily reachable by public transport
- The opportunity to join a vibrant, human-sized company with a flat hierarchy and a start-up business culture within a very promising sector!
Keywords: acquiring, KYC, merchant payment services, risk evaluation, finance, client support, sales support, customer service, B2B, account management, back office, administration
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org