Our client is a European market leader in the field of construction materials. They have a strong local presence in most of the European countries and in Belgium they employ +/- 60 people. Their Belgian office is located very close to Brussels (in the Meise area). They are today looking to recruit a diligent Commercial Assistant who will offer administrative support to the Sales Department.
Purpose of the job
As a Commercial Assistant, you are of vital importance to the optimal functioning of the Sales Department. Together with 2 colleagues, you will support the Sales Director and the Sales Managers in their daily activities. You will prepare and follow-up on client offers and be in daily contact with the clients.
- Taking care of incoming phone calls including responding to routine questions, taking messages and redirecting callers
- Preparing and sending offers to B2B clients (based upon the technical specifications provided by the Sales Managers)
- Following up on the offers, answering questions of clients, making sure relevant documents are signed, etc.
- Updating price list
- Updating and managing internal databases
- Preparing all sorts of documents, presentations and reports
- Organising and preparing internal meetings, following up on action points
- Organising product-related trainings with clients (invitations, attendance list, agenda, planning of the trainers/engineers, training material, catering, …)
- Handling ad-hoc requests for the Sales Director (e.g. scheduling a meeting, researching information, preparing specific reports, etc.)
- Performing any other assigned administrative projects as requested by the sales team
- You ideally hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, Management Assistant, Languages, Marketing, Communication or in any related field
- You have minimum 3-5 years of experience in a support role, ideally in a Commercial/Sales Department. Experience within the construction sector or at an engineering consultancy would be an asset.
- You have excellent verbal & written skills in Dutch, French and English. The company has an HQ in Germany so an operational level in German is a plus.
- You have a very good command of the MS Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and you enjoy learning new software/applications. A good knowledge of SAP is a strong asset.
- You work thoroughly with an eye for detail and with a focus on the results to achieve
- You have a service-oriented and proactive attitude which leads to a high client satisfaction internally and externally
- You have excellent organisational skills which enable you to multi-task and to prioritise efficiently
- You enjoy working in team but you are also able to work autonomously and take initiatives
- You have a positive and dynamic personality
- A permanent contract
- Starting date: to be discussed
- A competitive salary
- Fringe benefits include luncheon vouchers, health insurance, group insurance, laptop, mobile phone, flexitime
- The opportunity to work in a stable and high-quality company which offers interesting learning opportunities and where you can work in a very positive atmosphere!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org