Our client is an international association in the field of medical research. They coordinate clinical trials worldwide in partnership with their 50+ member organisations. Their Brussels office gathers +/- 30 staff and is located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert. They are today looking for a diligent Corporate Partnerships Manager to work as part of their closely knit Philanthropy Team.
Purpose of the role
To cultivate and engage partnerships with businesses and foundations, in close cooperation with team members. To develop and execute other aspects of the philanthropic strategic plan.
- Participating in developing the global philanthropy strategy, especially as it relates to partnerships:
- analysing the market, the competition, potential businesses/foundations, etc., and sharing this with the team
- developing short and long-term engagement strategies, including related budgets
- Soliciting and maximising financial support from foundations and corporate sources in Belgium and at an international level
- cultivating existing corporate relationships, increasing engagement to the cause of the association
- proactively seeking, analysing, and initiating new proposals and engagement opportunities for businesses, based on corporate guidelines and interests
- cultivating relationships with existing and new foundations, increasing their engagement in the cause
- ensuring that all partnership and reporting requirements are established and fulfilled on time (e.g., contracts, budgets), as well as tracking and reporting on overall performance
- Collaborating closely with team members on specific areas:
- with the Philanthropy Events Manager, developing sponsorship packages for events (e.g., gala dinners, virtual or live sports, cultural, musical, corporate or other events, both national and international) and potentially organising and managing some events
- With the Philanthropy Communications Manager, developing the communication tools required for sponsorship and partnerships including cases for support, tailored newsletters, etc.
- With other team members and Ambassadors, helping cultivate relationships with potential major donors, including potential legacies
- Developing annual campaigns, contributing to awareness about them among actual and potential donors, especially corporate and foundation partners, and securing matching gifts to be offered during campaigns
- Following publicly available or other information that is relevant to planning in the philanthropy domain and sharing it within the philanthropy team as appropriate
- Supporting the philanthropy team by providing input on various subjects such as technical tools (website, CRM, fundraising platforms, filing, etc.), communications (social media messaging, annual report, specific campaigns, newsletters, etc.), debriefing of past events/activities and planning of new ones
- Regularly inputting development actions and donor information into CRM, and taking care of partnership-related administration, including filing
- Master’s degree
- A relevant professional experience of minimum 5 years in corporate relations, partnerships development and management, preferably in a non-profit/philanthropic environment
- Fluent written and spoken Dutch, English and French
- Experience in writing proposals and very good business/marketing/sales understanding to design attractive partnership programmes
- Knowledge of corporate fundraising techniques: information gathering, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, resulting in lasting and productive relationships
- An excellent team player, eager to work collaboratively in a small team
- Very good oral presentation skills (public speaking)
- Ability to combine excellent negotiating & convincing skills (capacity to develop appealing “sales pitches”) with a good degree of empathy, tact & diplomacy
- Integer person with strong business ethics
- Energetic, goal-oriented and resourceful personality
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers, Eco vouchers, health insurance, pension scheme, full reimbursement of public transport costs, cell phone, laptop, parking facilities, homeworking possibilities, 26 holidays/year
- Working hours: 38h/week, some flexibility will be required in order to attend punctual events in the evenings (but overtime will be recuperated)
- Location: the offices are located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert (close to the Cora).
- A stimulating working environment and an organisation which genuinely makes a difference!
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative, practice-changing medical research!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com