Our client is a boutique International public affairs consultancy. They specialise in geopolitical counselling and their clients are governments and large global corporations. They have several offices in Europe including one in Brussels (6 staff). As part of their growth, they are today looking for an Executive Assistant to support the CEO and the team alike. Their offices are located in Woluwe and are very easily accessible by public transport.
This is a newly created position.
Purpose of the role:
To provide support to the CEO and to the entire team. The jobholder will play a key role in the business, ensuring the smooth running of the office and that the work environment remains co-operative and fun.
- proactively support the CEO, incl. diary management, meeting organization, travel arrangements (mostly in Europe). Business tips represent approx. 50% of his time
- co-ordinate his team calls
- proactively plan activities on his behalf and therefore oversee his calendar
- coordinate and book client meetings, travel, and accommodation for the team
- schedule client meetings for the team (either face to face or on-line)
- coordinate activities with the Chairman’s PA who is based in Scandinavia
- ensure the smooth running of the Brussels office on a day-to-day basis
- overseeing cleanliness and tidiness in the office
- responsible for office supplies, negotiating and liaising with suppliers
- organizing team events (social activities in the evening, company events, etc.)
- being responsible for coordinating the future office move (estimated date: second half of 2023)
- assist the Scandinavian secretariat with management of financial data such as invoicing receipts and checking expenses via company credit cards
- liaising with the team based in Northern Europe
- You have at least 2-4 years of experience in a similar role, i.e., providing secretarial support to (a) busy Executive(s)
- You have ideally acquired this experience in a corporate environment such as public affairs, management consultancies, law firms, etc.
- You possess an excellent level of English (C1/C2 – written and spoken) and ideally have a very good level of French
- You are computer literate with a good knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Visio-conferences systems (Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- You are extremely well organized and can manage you work in full autonomy
- You are service minded and genuinely enjoy providing administrative support
- You have a positive, hands-on attitude and are a self-starter (this is a newly created role)
- You are proactive and a forward thinker who anticipates needs before they arise
- You are able to build successful relationships throughout the business at all levels as well as with external stakeholders
- You are extremely discrete
- A permanent, full time employment contract
- Starting date: ASAP!
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), monthly allowance (€ 125,00 net), iPhone and phone subscription, laptop, discretionary bonus, 30+ holiday days (the working week is 38h00)
- Homeworking possibilities: homeworking is possible (a few days/month) but there is no structural homeworking policy at company level
- Location: the company is located in Woluwe and is very easily accessible by public transport (metro and tram)
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized company with a flat hierarchy and a stimulating business culture with very nice values
- This is a newly created position so there will be the opportunity to set up the role and to grow with the team as the company develops
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org