Our client is a human-sized (25 staff) think tank located in Brussels (Trône/Arts-Loi area) and Berlin, dedicated to sustainable development. They act as an expert consultative body for the European Institutions, policymakers in EU Member States and neighbouring countries, the scientific community as well as private sector stakeholders and the civil society. Their team is a multi-national and dynamic group of dedicated individuals, focusing on a results-oriented and analytical work culture in a trustful and open-minded atmosphere. Their hierarchical structure is flat with a focus on collaboration between the teams and the individuals. For their Brussels office, they are currently looking for a sociable and diligent HR & Office Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will be the contact person for all HR and personnel-related matters. You will also be responsible for IT management and support in fundraising processes. You will also provide some PA support to the Executive Director. You will report to the Head of Finance & Operations.
Human Resources (60% FTE)
- Ensure all necessary formalities and payroll procedures: staff folders management (contracts, amendments, etc.) for app. 25 staff, holidays and leave monitoring, payroll for Brussels and German staff, compensation and benefits, new employee on-boardings, etc.
- Support and coordinate hiring processes (job adverts, recruitment agencies, screening of applications, interviews, etc)
- Ensure all legal requirement for the organisation are fulfilled, including liaising with the social secretariat about comp & bens
- Evaluate and constantly improve the organization’s human resource procedures and policies, including a focus on staff retention
- Develop, implement, and manage an effective staff training plan in close collaboration with team leads
Office Management (15% FTE)
- Assist in organizing team meetings, internal and external events logistics
- Act as a contact point for IT: liaise IT issues with the external service provider, manage and purchase of IT and office equipment, ensure all tools are functional and working conditions are good
Legal/Contractual and Fundraising (15 % FTE)
- Prepare contracts and grant agreements with Partners, support the review of consortium agreements, support the contract management process
- Ensure necessary legal documents are up to date for proposals submission: provide administrative support, coordinate with all team members, facilitate the final review process
Personal Assistant (10% FTE)
- Assist the Executive Director and Board members during Board meetings and General Assemblies, prepare all relevant documents, write the minutes and agendas
- Support the Executive Director with specific tasks and the organization of conference calls, meetings, and travels.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as HR, Social Law, or Business Administration
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resource management
- Knowledge of Belgian labour legislation
- Fluent French & English (C1/C2 in both languages). An operational level of German is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office software
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven communication and organisation skills, team spirit
- Capable and comfortable to work in a fast-moving environment
- Able to balance between strategic insight topics and hands-on tasks
- Able to perform under pressure and strong capacity to prioritize
- Self-starter, independent, with a can-do attitude
- Motivation to contribute to the organisation’s mission and organisational growth
- At ease in a varied function which encompasses HR, Office management, legal/contractual matters, and some administrative support
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A salary in line with the non-for-profit sector
- A comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), health and group insurances (fully paid by the employer), Europ Assistance insurance, cell phone communications reimbursement (up to € 50/month), homeworking allowance (€50/month), reimbursement of public transport (up to € 60/month), +/- 30 holiday days
- Working hours: 38h00/week, from 9.00 until 5.30 pm
- Homeworking schedule: 2,5 days of homeworking/week – after 6 months in the role, the possibility to work from abroad (10 days/year )
- Location: the offices are located in the Trône/Arts-Loi area and are therefore very easily accessible by public transport
- A challenging and inspiring role in a leading think tank recognised in Brussels and internationally, working on one of the most pressing topics of our time – climate change
- The chance to work, plan, develop initiatives, implement, and give guidance on a diverse range of topics
- A supportive work environment with highly cooperative teammates who are committed to fighting climate change and having fun in the process
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com