Our client is a fast-growing and innovative company specialised in project development within the real estate sector. Their offices (+/- 10 people) are located in 1180 Brussels close to a train station. They are currently looking for a diligent assistant who will be responsible for the office management and who will assist the 2 managing directors and the finance department in their daily activities.
Finance & legal support and general administrative duties (60% of the role)
- Handling incoming & outgoing mail and e-mails
- Registering accounting-related documents in the internal system (scanning invoices, bank statements, VAT
- Filing (on paper & electronically) of relevant legal & financial documents
- Following-up on the approval process of invoices & payments
- Preparing payments (suppliers’ invoices, VAT payments, salaries, …)
- Preparing sales and intercompany invoices
- Handling the payroll administration and the administration related to the extra-legal benefits (for 3 employees) in collaboration with the social secretariat
- Following-up on subside files (following the correct administrative procedure, liaising with administrative institutions, …)
- Handling insurances: liaising with the broker, following-up on expiration dates, preparing and sending documents, …
- Following-up on contracts and addenda : checking expiration dates, handling renewals, etc.
Office management & support to the managing directors (20% of the role)
- Welcoming visitors, handling incoming calls, agenda and travel management
- Ordering office & kitchen supplies for the office & the meeting rooms, managing the smooth functioning of the office environment (e.g. changing cartridges, making sure office material & equipment is quickly repaired in case of technical issues, etc.), liaising with suppliers, etc.
- General administrative duties (updating contact lists, sending registered letters, filing documents, …)
- Organising small events such as a staff party, office drinks, a banquet, etc.
Support to the Operations Department (20% of the role)
- Preparing files and liaising with the notaries to send or obtain certain documents, e.g. property acts, provisional sales agreements, soil certificates, environmental permits, etc.
- Property/rental management: preparing contracts, liaising with the syndic, handling indexations of rent, calculating charges, sending reminders if necessary, etc.
- Liaising with the buyers
- Scanning & copying documents, handling translations, sending mailings
Other tasks (occasionally)
- Preparing presentations
- Conducting market research
- Managing the external communication for the company: communications and advertisements on LinkedIn & other social media, updating the company’s website, managing the advertisements on Immoweb, etc.
- Assisting with digitalisation projects: identifying possible new digital tools and analysing their added value, working out a implementation strategy, improving the efficiency of existing tools, etc.
The ideal candidate has the following profile :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management, Management Assistant, Accounting, Languages, …
- Excellent level in French, operational level in Dutch and English
- Approximately 5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally within a smaller company
- Experience within real estate or property development can be a real asset
- Analytical and figure-minded person, previous experience within a finance or accounting department can be an asset
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, …), you will be working with Apple/Mac in this role. Experience working with financial/accounting software (Exact, AFAS, SAP, Oracle, …) can be an asset.
- Strong communication skills (oral + written)
- Organised and efficient, able to set clear priorities
- Resourceful, service-minded and “can do”- attitude
- Dynamic and curious person, not afraid to ask questions, to take initiatives ad suggest improvements of existing procedures
- Good team spirit, motivated to work in a smaller team
- A full-time and permanent contract
- Ideal starting date : September 2019
- Working hours : 38h/week
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Location : 1180 Brussels (Uccle), accessible by car, train, tram or bus
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment where entrepreneurship and initiative is encouraged!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org