Our client specialises in the coordination and management of multidisciplinary science projects in support of policy makers and industry players. They act as an expert consultative body for various stakeholders (regulatory organisations, policymakers, industry and NGOs). They are currently recruiting an Office and Administration Manager for their small Brussels office.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will be in charge of the financial management (accounting in collaboration with external accountant, budget management, …), contracts management (follow up on EU funding, financial & activity reporting, legal compliance) and HR Administration (personnel contracts, preparation of payroll, …). You will also be involved in the day-to-day office management and contribute to the optimisation & rationalisation of company policies and administrative procedures.
Accounting and financial administration
- Handling the day-to-day financial procedures and bookkeeping activities including processing invoices, payments to suppliers, staff expenses, bank statements, …
- Updating the internal accounting system
- Working closely with external accountant to support appropriate financial returns (e.g. VAT) to the Belgian authorities and to ensure accuracy on the annual accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of annual audit (in collaboration with external accountant) and any governmental/donor audits, being the primary contact point
- Budget preparation for funding applications, controlling and preparation of financial reports to funders in compliance with funders’ financial regulations
- Project management related to budget, time allocation, costs allocation; performing the monitoring of projects regarding resources and expenditures
- Monitoring income and expenditure flow, cash flow and future trends
- Preparation, management and implementation of the operating budget, including:
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly budget revision, including presentation of financial analysis on specific projects/programmes and indicators
- Monitoring actual spent against budget on a monthly basis and monthly/quarterly reporting to the managing director and management team
- Ensuring consistence of financial flows with approved budgets and internal guidelines and policies
- Preparing, managing and following up on contracts with EU, partners and subcontractors for different projects and service contracts
- Reviewing grant agreements, identifying and resolving compliance issues related to donor requirements
- Improving core internal processes and driving excellence in the management of grants
HR Administration & Office Management
- Preparing payroll in collaboration with social secretariat
- Being involved in the recruitment of new staff (from a budget/financial point of view) and the preparation of personnel contracts
- Improving and developing new company procedures (e.g. travel and expense policy, submission of timesheets, …), identifying more performing IT tools and databases for the organisation (e.g. accounting software), etc.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management, Accounting or in another relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial administration & budget management, accounting, contracts management, office administration; ideally acquired within a similar organisation (research body, scientific consultancy, EU association, think tank, trade association, lobby group, …)
- Experience with the financial management of public funding, grants & subsidies (e.g. EU Horizon 2020) can be a strong asset
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch and English (oral and written). Other EU languages are an asset (French, Spanish, Italian, …).
- Good knowledge of MS Office (advanced Excel skills), online information management systems and accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners, including members of the management team, staff, project partners, funders, service providers
- Strong planning, administrative, analytical and organisational skills (numerous deadlines to meet)
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a proactive and constructive team player
- Easy-going and flexible personality (small team) with very good adaptation skills
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Competitive salary & extra-legal benefits package including: luncheon vouchers, health insurance, bonus system, 30 holidays
- Starting date: asap
- Company is located in Brussels, possibility to work from home during 1-2 days/week
- The opportunity to enter a small but growing organisation; to work with a dedicated, friendly and multinational team in a sector which genuinely makes a difference (environmental protection & sustainable development).
Keywords: budget management, finances, accounting, contracts management, grants, EU funding, financial reporting, HR, project management, office management, administration, support, research, scientific, sustainability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com