Our client is a human-sized law firm (+/- 25 people) specialised in labour and employment. They are part of a global network with 150 lawyers operation from +/- 100 locations. They have 3 locations in Belgium with their main office being located in Brussels (1200 Woluwe). The team works in Dutch, French and English as they serve Belgian and international clients. They are currently recruiting an Office Manager. The job holder would be based in the Brussels office but the company offers a lot of flexibility in terms of work practices (working from home during several days/week + possibility to work from the Mechelen office if this is more convenient).
Purpose of the job
As an Office Manager you are responsible for the smooth running of the office from an administrative and organisational point of view. You assist the team with ad-hoc queries and you coordinate the billing process.
- coordinating the billing process in collaboration with a colleague: keeping track of fees to record; preparing client invoices (formatting, saving, printing & sending in coordination with partners); following up of unpaid invoices in collaboration with accountant; archiving invoices and related documents, updating internal systems, etc.
- managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, insurances and service providers
- ordering new office supplies and managing stocks
- checking incoming invoices related to the office suppliers and processing for accounting purposes
- agenda management: organising internal & external meetings, booking meetings rooms/restaurants/hotels, setting-up calls/videoconferences/online meetings
- (the lawyers work very autonomously and manage most part of their appointments themselves)
- general administrative duties: updating contact lists, managing incoming calls/mail/e-mails, welcoming clients and visitors, scanning & archiving documents, etc.
- working on projects to streamline and optimise administrative processes (e.g. creation of templates, implementation of new IT tools, negotiation of improved contracts with suppliers, development of new company policies & procedures in collaboration with lawyers, … )
- candidates with an interest in legal matters could also offer legal support to the team e.g. assist them with case opening & closing, preparation of legal documents & correspondence, keeping client & matter records up to date, filing of relevant documents when case is closed, etc.
Please note that this list of responsibilities is non exhaustive and that you may be asked to take on additional tasks depending on the workload, the needs of the team and the growth of the organisation.
- Excellent command of Dutch, French and English
- Ideally a relevant Bachelor or Master Degree
- Ideally minimum 2 to 5 years of experience in a back-office/business support role, ideally in the legal/finance/professional service sector
- Computer literate: comfortable working with MS Office, different databases & CRM systems
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to communicate & collaborate professionally with various internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organised & punctual, able to set priorities and multitask assignments, excellent attention to detail
- Resourceful and positive attitude, ability to adapt to different situations and personalities and apply common sense
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Trusted self-started who can work autonomously
- Ability to be proactive & solution oriented
- Ability to work efficient towards a common goal, team player
- A permanent contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary benefits package
- Flexible work practices: possibility to work from different locations and to telework from home!
- High-standard learning environment with room for initiative & personal growth!
- Transparency, teamwork, respect & drive for excellence are important company values
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com