Our client is an international research organisation. Their Brussels office gathers +/- 40 staff and is located in Woluwe. They are today looking to recruit a diligent Office Manager.
Purpose of the role:
As an Office Manager, your role is to ensure the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day basis. Your main responsibilities will include: vendor & stock management, building maintenance, welcoming of newcomers, meeting & event coordination, internal communication, HR administration and general administrative & logistical support for the office. You will also be involved in several office improvement and process optimisation projects. In this role, you will be reporting to the HR Manager and working closely together with the Office Assistant.
- managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, insurances and service providers
- ordering new office supplies and managing stocks
- checking incoming invoices related to the office suppliers and processing for accounting purposes
- liaising with the firm’s HQ to order IT equipment for newcomers, ensuring equipment is returned upon exit, replacing damaged equipment, managing the IT stock & inventory
- building & office maintenance: liaising with the building manager, maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs, handling office refurbishment projects
- creating, communicating and updating various office policies and guidelines (parking, phone usage, data protection, flexible work practices, etc.)
- managing the office parking including street parking cards for staff
- updating internal mailing lists, coordinating the office archiving
- addressing all queries regarding office management issues
- coordinating & organising formal and informal events such as parties, celebrations, workshops and meetings (including catering)
- responsible for all office-related communication (e.g. Covid safety guidelines & updates, transport strikes, extreme weather, office closing days, road works/EU summits impacting the office accessibility, etc.)
- assisting the HR Manager in all the logistical & administrative aspects of the onboarding process for new hires (ordering stationery, name tags, coordinating the IT set- up, organising mobile phone subscription with telecom provider, preparing onboarding plan); assisting with similar administrative & logistical aspects when employees leave the company
- other HR-related tasks: posting jobs on internal and external website, updating information in line with the data protection policy, updating internal & external databases with employee information, creating & updating employee files (on paper & electronically), etc.
- supporting the HR Manager in various HR and office improvement projects, e.g. the transition to a flex desk environment, the implementation of sustainable development goals for the office,
- acting as a health & Safety Officer: organising yearly visit of Mensura, preparing yearly H&S plan in collaboration with Mensura
- assisting with travel arrangements & other administrative tasks for the team
- working closely and acting as a back-up the Office Assistant who is in charge of reception
- and much more!
- You have already gained 1-3 years of experience in a similar role (Office Assistant, Office Coordinator or Manager, Management Assistant)
- You are perfectly fluent in English and French (both written and spoken). Other languages (Dutch, German, Spanish) are an asset.
- You are proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and you feel comfortable working with other IT tools & databases
- You have strong organisational, administrative and interpersonal skills
- You have a proactive & hands-on attitude and you are very service & solution oriented
- You possess excellent time-management skills which allow you to efficiently structure and prioritise your work, you can adjust easily to changing circumstances
- You have the ability to multitask and to work with minimum day-to-day supervision, you stay calm and cool headed when confronted with multiple priorities and/or strict deadlines
- You are a creative & resourceful person keen on continuously learning and able to suggest improvements /optimisations
- You are an excellent team player, eager to work collaboratively in an international and diverse team
- You are comfortable working with virtual communications tools such as Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, …
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: asap!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers, monthly net allowance, health insurance, mobile phone, 100% reimbursement of public transport costs, discretionary bonus
- Location: the offices are located in Woluwe and are accessible by metro, tram or bus
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
- The opportunity to work in a stimulating & multicultural environment and for an organisation, which genuinely makes a difference in the world!
- Company is willing to invest in candidates who are not very experienced but willing to learn (they will offer training, coaching, …). In case you have doubts about certain points in the job description, feel free to apply so we can contact you and have a discussion about these points.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com