Our client is a high-profile international law firm active in more than 30 countries. The pursuit of excellence, a collaborative approach and mutual respect & trust are key elements in their working environment. Their Belgian offices are located in central Brussels and are therefore accessible by public transport. They are currently recruiting a diligent Management/Personal assistant to assist a team of lawyers in their competition department.
Purpose of the role:
As a personal assistant you will provide vital organisational and administrative support to a team of lawyers allowing them to focus on their legal work. A more senior colleague will train you on a variety of tasks, procedures and on the technology used. After an integration period you will be expected to deal with the following tasks efficiently and independently:
- Coordinating calendars and agendas in a proactive manner: planning appointments, meetings & (conference) calls; booking meeting rooms and restaurants, etc.
- Organising travels and accommodation in collaboration with internal travel agent
- Managing mailboxes and contacts, monitoring all incoming emails and ensuring a timely follow-up
- Preparing, processing and filing (electronically) correspondence, legal documents and reports (Word, Excel)
- Preparing and submitting the lawyers’ expense notes
- Reviewing the lawyers’ timesheets in preparation of billing (e-billing)
- Processing invoices, liaising with accounting department
- Handling incoming calls, filtering calls when appropriate, taking messages
- Having regular phone contacts with high-profile external partners (including clients)
- Preparing PowerPoint presentations for various meetings & seminars
- Liaising with the marketing department for the organisation of client events and the sending of mailings
- The ideal candidate holds – at least – a bachelor’s (e.g. in Office Management, Languages, …)
- You are fluent (oral and written) in German, Dutch and English. Knowledge of French can be an asset.
- You have a first experience – ideally in a similar role (administrative support) and in a similar environment (law firm or the service sector in general)
- You are computer literate and possess advanced skills in MS Office, you enjoy learning and working with different databases and systems
- You are extremely precise and rigorous, with a genuine eye for detail
- You are highly organised and able to set priorities
- You are proactive & solution oriented and you always apply common sense
- You are a good team player and have good interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills (contact with various stakeholders)
- You adopt a positive, flexible and mature attitude; you understand the importance of discretion
- A full-time and permanent contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (including luncheon vouchers, an insurance package, full reimbursement of public transport costs, sports facilities, extra-legal holidays and more!)
- International and very dynamic working environment with room for initiative & personal growth
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented, corporate environment in superb offices in the centre of Brussels!
- A stable team with very friendly and loyal colleagues!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com