Our client is an international federation representing the interests of its members towards the EU institutions. Their human-sized and multinational office (+/- 12 people) is located in the Arts-Loi area and is currently looking to recruit a Policy Adviser on a permanent contract basis.
Purpose of the role
Monitoring, analysing and reporting of legislation and other initiatives that impact on our client’s industry at EU and Member State level; assisting with the coordination of and attendance at internal and external meetings focusing on such issues; and supporting the broader day-to-day functioning of the Secretariat
Advocacy, Research & Communications:
- Analysis, follow-up and preparation of briefing papers on all relevant EU/Member State initiatives which concern or could impact on the activities of the members
- Preparation for, participation in and follow-up of working group meetings (drafting of agendas, working papers, minutes, briefings) and other stakeholder events
- Researching and drafting position papers to support the federation’s lobbying activities
- Drafting and coordinating responses to EU-level consultations, quantitative analysis and the production of surveys and studies on Europe’s markets linked to our client’s activities
- Attendance at external meetings and provision of feedback to members and colleagues
- Engaging with stakeholders in the European Institutions, national authorities, private sector, academia and others
General Team support:
- Working as part of a team 3 to 4
- Providing general support to 2 Technical Committees
- Preparing working documents for the Committees
- Collecting data for the working groups
- University Degree, preferably Master’s level in a relevant field of expertise (Business Administration, Law, Economics, Finance)
- Two to three years’ relevant work experience
- Experience of working with the EU Institutions
- Experience of working on issues related to financial services is an asset
- Numeracy skills are important
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web and social media applications)
- Fluency in English (C1/C2 – written and spoken) is essential as well as a professional knowledge of French (B2)
- Very good team spirit and collaborative approach
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach under all circumstances
- Entrepreneurial, creative and opportunity-driven mind-set
- Good common sense and emotional intelligence, capacity to adjust communication to the context
- Trustworthy, responsible and accountable
- A commitment to the values and goals of the European Union
- Starting date: ASAP!
- A permanent and full-time contract
- A competitive salary with a complete benefits package (luncheon vouchers, group insurance, DKV (including ambulatory and dental insurance), 24 holiday days
- Homeworking schedule: 2 days per week
- A motivating and challenging role within an influential international trade association.
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment.
- A small and dynamic team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com