SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
Assisting a team of lawyers in an international law firm in the city centre of Brussels (easy access with public transport). Providing high-quality administrative services, managing agendas and travels, handling incoming mail/telephone calls, arranging meetings and modifying documents. Working languages in the department are English and French. It is a busy role and department so an accurate way of working, a good communication and a positive & proactive attitude are really important.
- Managing agendas
- Making travel arrangements
- Arranging meetings, both internal and external, and managing & coordinating appointment diaries, ensuring fee earners are well prepared for meetings
- Handling the layout of legal documents and letters
- Adjusting legal, client-related documents
- Organising seminars and presentations if applicable
- Keeping contact lists up to date
- Taking telephone messages, monitoring calls when appropriate
- Dealing with incoming emails and post
- Maintaining filing system, creating new files and archiving old files
- Welcoming and looking after visitors
- Liaising with Marketing department for appropriate up-to-date material
- Providing updates on the progress of a variety of matters
- Billing: inputting timesheets when applicable, preparing invoices and following-up on client payments
- Working in close collaboration with other assistants in the same department, backing up colleagues in other departments if and when necessary
- Any other task requested by the attorneys
- Fluency in English (oral and written), very good knowledge of French. German and Dutch are a plus.
- A first experience in a role as Management Assistant. Previous experience in the legal sector or within professional services in general, is a strong asset.
- Strong administrative and IT skills (MS Office, CRM systems, online tools & databases/cloud services)
- A professional attitude and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously and manage projects with a constructive & cooperative team attitude
- An accurate, punctual and organised person with a good sense of initiative
- Flexible, resourceful and resilient
- Cheerful, dynamic and cooperative personality
- Contract: permanent contract
- Starting date: asap
- Salary: depending on level of experience
- Benefits: luncheon vouchers (€8/day), DKV, group insurance, 100% reimbursement of public transport costs, home working possibilities
- Working hours: 9am-5.30pm with occasional overtime, currently most of the staff is coming to the office 2 days a week (working from home during the rest of the week)
- Stable and well-established company, truly international working environment, positive and dynamic working atmosphere!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org