Our client is an international law firm with numerous offices worldwide. Their Brussels office is located in the city centre and is therefore very accessible by public transport (Louise area). Their human-sized and easy-going team (40 staff) is currently looking for a talented Business Development & Marketing Coordinator.
Purpose of the job :
You will be joining an enthusiastic team of business development & marketing professionals located in different offices in Europe. You will be supporting the Brussels office in various coordination and reporting tasks and on key client activity. You will also be working closely together with other members of the marketing team to support various firm-wide global initiatives.
- Assisting the Country Managing Partner with various requests and interests, analysis of the relevance of the proposals
- Assisting with the preparation of legal directory and awards submissions (i.e. tracking deadlines, preparing submission templates, formatting submissions, maintaining spreadsheets to the track progress)
- Assisting with proposals & pitches (for the Brussels team but also for regional teams, including contributing to multi-regional & global proposals)
- Gathering, assembling and managing the content for pitches and other marketing materials, including maintaining experience lists for the different practices
- Coordinating, where appropriate, the trophies, awards, recognition plaques
- Preparing draft texts of internal announcements (client alerts, major instructions, client victories)
- Coordinating and contributing to the writing and publication of articles by the Brussels team lawyers in relevant press, journals or social media channels
- Drafting and updating marketing materials, including web content and other collateral, to support various marketing initiatives (deal and case lists, biographies, awards/rankings, newsletters and client alerts)
- Working closely with the events team to plan, execute and follow up on internal and external events
- Tracking event opportunities in the market for fee earner networking and sponsorship, while managing any event potential sponsorship undertaken
- Assisting during in-house client seminars and trainings; arranging lawyers’ attendance and participations at relevant conferences
- Acting as an Information Officer (in collaboration with a colleague in Brussels): producing daily digests of business news, maintaining the library, organising online subscriptions, performing legal & business research work, keeping Brussels lawyers up to date on legal/policy/cases/market/key client developments, etc.
- Other possible projects: diversity & inclusion initiatives, GDPR aspects for marketing, etc.
- Relevant Bachelor or Master Degree (e.g. Business Management, Marketing, …)
- Excellent command of English (oral & written), knowledge of French and/or Dutch can be an asset
- Excellent written, editing and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development/Marketing, preferably in a professional services/partnership environment (legal, management consulting, Big 4, …)
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Able to act as an ambassador by being professional in outlook, attitude and appearance
- Ability to work to short requests and project deadlines in a non-directive environment, prioritising tasks where appropriate and ensuring complete ‘follow through’ on operational issues
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy; flexible, detail oriented and quality focused
- A willingness to learn, be adaptable and comfortable with changing priorities
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, anticipating needs
- Able to exhibit a positive attitude, interact effectively at all levels and establish effective working relationships across regional & practices lines; good team player
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting
- A permanent contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- Working hours: 9am-5.30pm or 9.30am-6pm with occasional overtime
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), health insurance, 100% reimbursement of transport costs, 23 holiday days
- Varied & challenging role within an international and dynamic working environment where there is room for initiative & personal growth
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented, corporate & very international environment in the centre of Brussels!
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar firstname.lastname@example.org