Our client specialises in the coordination and management of multidisciplinary science projects in support of policy makers and industry players. They act as an expert consultative body for various stakeholders (regulatory organisations, policymakers, industry and NGOs). They are currently recruiting an Administrative, Finance, and HR Coordinator for their small Brussels office which is centrally located.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will be in charge of the financial administration (accounting, financial control & reporting, budget follow-up), the financial reporting regarding EU-funded projects and the HR Administration (personnel contracts, preparation of payroll, …). As the right hand of the Managing Director, you will be supporting him with the coordination of meetings, team activities and project-related administration. You will also be involved in the day-to-day operations management, such as the optimisation & rationalisation of company policies and administrative procedures.
- Handling the day-to-day financial procedures and bookkeeping activities including processing and booking invoices & other financial movements, payments to suppliers, staff expenses, bank statements
- Preparing & executing quarterly and annual financial closings
- Updating the internal accounting system
- Working closely with external accountant to support appropriate financial returns (e.g. VAT) to the Belgian authorities and to ensure accuracy on the annual accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of annual audit and any governmental/donor audits, being the primary contact point
- Budget preparation for funding applications, controlling and preparation of financial reports to funders in compliance with funders’ financial regulations
- Project management related to budget, time allocation, costs allocation; performing the monitoring of projects regarding resources and expenditures
- Monitoring income and expenditure flow, cash flow and future trends
- Preparation, management and implementation of the operating budget, including:
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly budget revision, including presentation of financial analysis on specific projects/programmes and indicators
- Monitoring actual spent against budget on a monthly basis and monthly/quarterly reporting to the managing director and management team
- Ensuring consistence of financial flows with approved budgets and internal guidelines and policies
- Tracking whereabouts, holidays, sickness days, updating internal personnel register
- Uploading the above mentioned data via the payroll tool of the social secretariat
- Communicating additional personnel related information to social secretariat for payroll purposes
- Being involved in the recruitment of new staff and the preparation of personnel contracts
- Welcoming newcomers and assisting with the onboarding process
- Assisting with induction/onboarding and exit procedures
- Following-up on time registration documents
General Office and Operations Management
- Assisting the Managing Director with the organisation of meetings & team events and with the coordination of external projects
- Making travel arrangements (booking flights, trains, hotels) related to the participation of team members to meetings/workshops/conferences in Belgium and abroad
- Improving and developing new company procedures (e.g. travel policy, submission of timesheets, …), helping with the identification of more performing IT tools and databases for the organisation (e.g. accounting software), etc.
- Teaming up with the Managing Director, the Research Director and the Business & Contracts Director; participating in strategic decision-making processes related to the organisation and its projects/activities and future development
- Ideally a Bachelor or Master Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management, Accounting, …
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in financial administration, accounting, budget management; ideally within a similar organisation (research body, scientific consultancy, EU association, think tank, trade association, lobby group, …)
- Experience with the financial management of public funding, grants & subsidies (e.g. EU Horizon 2020) can be an asset
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch and English (oral and written). Other EU languages are an asset (French, Spanish, Italian, …).
- Good knowledge of MS Office (advanced Excel skills), online information management systems and accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners, including members of the Management Team, staff, project partners, funders, service providers
- Strong planning, administrative, analytical and organisational skills (numerous deadlines to meet)
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong coordination and project management skills
- Willingness to work in a small, multicultural team and to be a proactive and constructive team player
- Easy-going and flexible personality (small team) with very good adaptation skills
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Competitive salary & extra-legal benefits package including: luncheon vouchers, Eco cheques, health insurance, bonus system, 35 holidays
- Starting date: asap
- Homeworking possibilities: 2 days/week
- The opportunity to enter a small but fast growing organisation; to work with a dedicated, friendly and multinational team in a sector which genuinely makes a difference (environmental protection & sustainable development)!
- The organisation also offers an in-depth onboarding/training programme which will help newcomers to assimilate step by step all aspects of the job.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org