Our client offers a variation of educational programmes in the engineering/scientific field, e.g. short training internships, full year Research Master specialisations, Belgian & Foreign Master thesis Programmes and complete PhD Research Programmes. They are also involved in Research Projects for a wide range of institutional and industrial clients. There are about 200 people working for the institute which is based in Vlaams-Brabant, south of Brussels, very close to the capital city.
Purpose of the role:
You will be working in the Finance & Administration department (6 people) where you will be assisting an Accountant and a Financial Controller in their daily activities. This will include: processing emails, validating expenses, following up on invoices & payments, car fleet administration and administrative tasks related to company’s insurances. You will also be the back-up for a colleague responsible for reception & procurement.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Screening and following-up on emails coming in via the Accounting Email Inboxes
- Processing and recording expenses notes
- Assisting with the preparation, sending and filing of outgoing invoices, following-up on incoming payments
- Assisting accounting team with the booking of invoices and ad-hoc requests
- Following-up on suppliers’ invoices
- Various administrative tasks, e.g. keeping records up-to-date, entering medical attestations in database, filing suppliers’ contracts, upgrading existing Excel sheets, …
- Handling all administration related to the company’s insurances (building, cars, liability, …)
- Car and bike fleet administration: updating systems, entering new users, following up on the order process of new vehicles, etc.
- Distributing the incoming mail, handling outgoing mail (stamps, DHL, etc.)
- Recording petty cash expenses
- Ad-hoc projects
- Backing up colleague handling reception and procurement tasks
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience in an administrative support role, previous experience in a financial department could be an additional asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Knowledge or experience with accounting/financial software (e.g. BOB) can be a plus
- Ability to work with a lot of attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- Capacity to work independently as well as part of a team
- Flexible, hands-on and proactive attitude; ability to adapt to different people and situations
- Permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: asap
- Working hours: 38h/week with flexibility in the schedule (e.g. starting early and leaving early)
- Salary package includes health and group insurance, reimbursement of transport costs, 32 holidays
- A role in which you will receive the necessary training and guidance at the start and where you can gradually acquire more and more responsibilities.
- Very positive and friendly team, working environment which offers a very good work-life balance!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com