Our client is an international association in the field of medical research. They coordinate clinical trials worldwide in partnership with their 50+ member organisations. Their Brussels office gathers +/- 40 staff and is located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert. They are today looking for a diligent Clinical Trials Budget Manager to work as part of their closely knit Finance Team (3 people).
Purpose of the role:
To manage the budget activities of the association related to the various clinical trials, research programmes and grants, including related reporting.
- Preparing and participating in the negotiation and follow-up of clinical research budgets, together with project teams
- Being responsible for the grants’ budget preparation and related financial reporting
- Administering allocated clinical research funds in accordance with the budget, agreed upon milestones and approved procedures
- Participating in the negotiation of the financial aspects of contracts developed for collaborations and clinical trials
- Proposing and helping to develop needed systems such as new templates (budget, reporting), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, etc.
- Devising ways to improve the efficiency of the finance department in consultation with other team members (Accountant, Finance & HR Director)
- Acting as a main financial contact for study/project partners and sponsors (members, pharmaceutical companies, foundations, etc.)
- You hold at least a Bachelor‘s degree in finance
- You have at least 3 years of experience in managing budgets for clinical trials
- You are fluent in English (spoken & written), other languages are a plus
- You have an excellent knowledge of Excel (Vlook up, Hlook up, Index Match, filters, pivot tables, etc.)
- You have the ability to work effectively in multicultural teams, as well as independently
- You are highly organised with good time management skills to support multiple projects concurrently and meet strict deadlines
- You have an excellent capacity for analysing data and numbers, with a particular to budget management
- You pay attention to detail, are genuinely figure minded and have an analytical approach
- You are attention positive, enthusiastic and energetic, with a hands-on approach
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and ethics and you are very reliable
- A full time and permanent contract
- Starting date: asap
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), Eco-chèqyes (€250/year), health insurance (fully paid by the employer), group insurance, full reimbursement of transport costs, home internet connection, mobile phone, laptop, 26 holiday days (+1 additional day with every 5 years of seniority), flexible work practices
- Location: the offices are located in Woluwe-Saint-Lambert. Although they are accessible by public transport, they are more easily reachable with a personal vehicle (parking space available)
- Homeworking possibilities (several days/week)
- The opportunity to work in a stimulating environment and for an organisation, which genuinely makes a difference!
- The opportunity to contribute to innovative, practice-changing medical research!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com