Our client is a high-level investment company active in wealth management/private banking. Their human-sized offices (+/- 15 staff) are centrally located in Brussels and therefore easy to reach by public transport. They are currently recruiting a diligent individual who will be giving an administrative and commercial support to the Managing Director (French speaking).
Summary of the role:
The role will be a combination of more traditional management assistant tasks (e.g. agenda and meeting management) and more commercial, client-related responsibilities. The company organises small-scale client events on a regular basis, therefore, there will also be event management responsibilities. The duties and responsibilities are not exhaustively listed below and could evolve to a role where the job holder will give additional support to 1 or 2 Client Relationship Managers.
Management Assistant tasks:
- Agenda management
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Organising and preparing internal/external meetings (including catering, logistics, meeting room/external venue reservation, etc.)
- Welcoming visitors, catering for their needs and handling telephone calls
- Preparing mail merges (Word), Excel tables, and creating PowerPoint presentations (punctually)
- Administrative duties: processing expenses, updating CRM system, maintaining filing system, etc.
- Preparing the necessary documents for the opening of accounts, sending documents for approval to the Compliance Department, following-up on the document flow
- Inputting & following-up on orders and investments (in partnership with Client Relationship Manager, Middle Office, Compliance Manager, Banks, …), verifying the correct processing of the transactions, correcting mistakes, etc.
- Calling high profile clients and prospects in order to organise client visits for the private bankers/Client Relationship Managers
- Monitoring and taking corrective actions when sending monthly/quarterly/half-yearly valuations, tailor-made reporting to certain clients
- Preparing commercial meetings, following up the action points
- Filing of all sorts of legal/compliance/financial documents
- Updating databases, searching information on the internet
- Preparing reports and statistics
Event Management responsibilities:
- Helping out with the organisation of events (via the CRM, sending invitations to targeted clients and prospects, making follow-up calls to confirm attendance, etc.)
- Coordinating room reservations and logistics
- Managing the client database (CRM, Microsoft Dynamics): creation and follow-up of events following strictly the internal authorisation procedure)
- Establishing and maintaining contact with suppliers (e.g. catering, hotels & restaurants, maintenance, cleaning)
- The ideal candidate holds a relevant Master or Bachelor degree (Office Management, Languages, Communication, Marketing, Business Management, …)
- Perfect French (spoken and written), good knowledge of Dutch, English can be an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a business/commercial support role. Previous experience in the finance/banking sector can be a strong asset but is not a necessity. Previous experience in the service sector (legal, professional services, …) is desirable.
- You are computer literate and possess advanced skills in MS Office (especially on Outlook, Word and Excel), you already worked with 1 or more CRM systems
- You are poised, articulate and can appropriately communicate in a formal environment
- You are commercially-minded and feel comfortable liaising with high-level clients
- You are extremely precise and rigorous, with a genuine eye for detail
- You have an affinity with numbers
- You are a good team player and you have good interpersonal, communication, diplomatic skills
- You are flexible, trustworthy and extremely discrete (you will deal with highly confidential information in this role)
- You are proactive and service oriented with a self-starting attitude
- You are independent and structured and you deal well with tight deadlines
- Permanent contract
- Part-time contract (maximum 80-85%, can be less)
- Attractive salary package including extra-legal benefits such as group insurance, a bonus scheme and several benefits in kind
- Extensive training (minimum 3 months) on stock market, financial orders and investments, as well as, on all administrative/legal/compliance/financial procedures to be respected in this role. Therefore, no previous (financial) knowledge is needed to be able to excel in this job!
- Very nice team with highly professional, helpful and motivated colleagues!
- The opportunity to work in a quality oriented, corporate environment and in superb offices in the heart of the business district of Brussels!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org