Our client is an international federation whose role is to represent and support its members and to promote their missions towards national politicians and EU institutions. Their human-sized offices (20 people) are located in the centre of Brussels (very easily accessible by public transport). They are currently recruiting a diligent Personal Assistant to provide support to their Executive Director and to handle the relations with the members.
Purpose of the job
To provide first class administrative, organisational and logistical support to the Executive Director; to handle the relations with the members and to work on some ad-hoc projects (e.g. event management).
- managing a complex calendar: coordinate professional meetings, conferences, personal appointments and travels
- ensuring the preparation of all internal & external meetings and events for the Executive Director, both in form & content and taking care of minute-taking if and when required
- for both internal & external meetings and events, researching information; gathering background materials and information; preparing documents and presentations
- preparing, organising and coordinating the General Assembly, Committee Meetings & other high-level meetings
- handling daily correspondence, drafting business letters
- handling incoming phone calls, taking messages
- organising travels and bookings: managing all aspects of travel, logistics and expense reports
- preparing documents, reports and presentations using MS Office
- facilitating the exchange of information between the Director and the team
- assisting in the logistic organisation of conferences/seminars/workshops and preparation of material (PowerPoint presentations)
- assisting with the preparation of mailings in collaboration with the communication team
- handling the relations with the members: contacting local representatives to investigate recent events/changes in the organisation/… and how they affect their membership, checking availabilities for a visit from the Director, etc.
- You hold minimum a Bachelor degree with 5-8 years or relevant working experience
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and French, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge of an additional European language would be a plus (Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian, …)
- You possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a high degree of computer literacy (MS Office)
- Strong time-management and multitasking abilities
- You have a positive and flexible mindset, a problem-solving attitude and a good sense of initiative (proactive attitude to work)
- You are able to keep a cool head when confronted with multiple tight deadlines and/or changing priorities
- You are genuinely team spirited and able to build good working relationships with colleagues
- Starting date: asap!
- A permanent, full time contract
- A competitive salary with a complete benefits package!
- Working hours: 40/week, possibility to work from home during 1 day/week, 37 holidays
- The opportunity to work in a fascinating and very international environment and to have numerous contacts with internal & external parties!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org