Our client is an international federation whose role is to represent and support its members and to promote their missions towards national politicians and EU institutions. Their human-sized offices (20 people) are located in the centre of Brussels (very easily accessible by public transport). They are currently recruiting a diligent Personal Assistant to provide support to their Executive Director.
Purpose of the job
To provide first class administrative, organisational and logistical support to the Executive Director; to work on some ad-hoc projects (e.g. event management).
- managing a complex calendar: coordinate professional meetings, conferences, personal appointments and travels
- ensuring the preparation of all internal & external meetings and events for the Executive Director, both in form & content and taking care of minute-taking if and when required
- for both internal & external meetings and events, researching information; gathering background materials and information; preparing documents and presentations
- preparing, organising and coordinating the General Assembly, Committee Meetings & other high-level meetings
- handling daily correspondence, drafting business letters
- handling incoming phone calls, taking messages
- organising travels and bookings: managing all aspects of travel, logistics and expense reports
- preparing documents, reports and presentations using MS Office
- facilitating the exchange of information between the Director and the team
- assisting in the logistic organisation of conferences/seminars/workshops and preparation of material (PowerPoint presentations)
- assisting with the preparation of mailings in collaboration with the communication team
- You hold minimum a Bachelor degree with 5-8 years or relevant working experience
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and French, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge of an additional European language would be a plus (Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian, …)
- You possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You have a high degree of computer literacy (MS Office)
- Strong time-management and multitasking abilities
- You have a positive and flexible mindset, a problem-solving attitude and a good sense of initiative (proactive attitude to work)
- You are able to keep a cool head when confronted with multiple tight deadlines and/or changing priorities
- You are genuinely team spirited and able to build good working relationships with colleagues
- Starting date: asap!
- A permanent, full time contract
- A competitive salary with a complete benefits package!
- Working hours: 40/week, possibility to work from home during 1 day/week, 37 holidays
- The opportunity to work in a fascinating and very international environment and to have numerous contacts with internal & external parties!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org