Our client is an independent consultancy in the field of public affairs and communication. They work with European & international companies and associations. Their Brussels office gathers 70-80 staff and is located in the centre of Brussels (easy access with public transport). They are today looking to recruit a talented HR Manager/HR Business Partner.
Purpose of the role:
Supporting the Partners with the development of HR projects and the optimisation of HR processes & procedures. Focus in this role will be on soft HR project, such as performance & talent management and training & development, and, partially also on HR administration. There will be room to develop new projects, e.g. in the field of retention and engagement. You will be working as part of the Administration Team (4 people) and you will be reporting to the Finance Director.
- Performance management: planning and monitoring the yearly performance management process, setting goals and objectives, updating relevant documents (personal development plans, job descriptions, appraisal documents, …), making sure appraisals are done on time, organising and participating in appraisals, following up on the output (in terms of promotions, internal moves, training needs, progress monitoring, identification of potential issues, etc.), coaching Partners & Managers and making sure they are engaged in the process
- Training & development: liaising with Partners and Line Managers to identify training needs & training budget, liaising with suppliers (negotiating contracts, etc.), preparing the yearly training calendar, organising the different trainings from A to Z (in collaboration with the Office Manager), quality check after each training, etc.
- Supporting Partners and Line Managers with their recruitment needs, initiating and following up on recruitment processes in collaboration with the HR Officer
- Acting as primary source of HR knowledge & expertise within the organisation
- Developing and streamlining all HR processes and metrics which support the achievement of the company’s objectives
- Making sure all activities & procedures are compliant with the HR legal requirements
- Organising the social elections
- Coordinating the development and implementation of new HR projects, e.g., retention and engagement projects
- Acting as an HR Business Partner for the Line Managers: listening to their needs, advising them on specific HR issues, supporting them in the coaching of their teams
- Managing, training and mentoring the Admin team (HR Officer, Office Manager, Administrative Assistant) – in collaboration with the CFO
- At least 5 years of experience working in an HR role with at least 2-3 years of experience focused on performance management. Previous experience working for an HR consulting firm or an in-house HR role within the service industry.
- Perfect command of English (written and spoken) with ideally a fluent level in French. Dutch knowledge is a plus.
- You have a strong knowledge of Belgian social legislation
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and payroll software can be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Belgian social legislation & labour law and social elections process.
- Experience with and good knowledge of methodologies, regulations and procedures related to HR Management
- You operate with a high level of integrity, sense of responsibility and professionalism
- You are hands-on, you show good common sense and you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You are a team player; you combine strong people skills with an analytical mindset
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with people at all levels in the organisation; you have very good verbal and written communication skills
- Capability and flexibility to adapt yourself in a multicultural environment and to respect differences between people from diverse backgrounds (linguistically, culturally, etc.)
- A permanent contract
- Open to freelance/consulting contracts as well (minimum 3 days/week)
- A full-time contract (38h/week) or part-time contract (75-80%) with homeworking possibilities
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including luncheon vouchers, Eco vouchers (€250/year), health insurance, group insurance, partial reimbursement of transport costs, internet paid at home, cell phone (& communications), laptop, bonus scheme, teleworking allowance, cycling allowance, additional holidays
- Location: the offices are located in the centre of Brussels and are therefore very easily accessible by public transport
- The opportunity to work in a very international, fast-paced environment with an open company culture. Company is still growing, therefore there is room to develop and implement new HR projects.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org