Our client is an international association in the field of cancer research. They coordinate clinical trials worldwide in partnership with their 50+ member organisations. Their Brussels office gather +/- 30 staff and is located in the heart of the city (easy access via public transport). In order to cover for a maternity leave, they are today looking to recruit an experienced Legal Advisor to work in the Legal Department (4 staff).
Purpose of the role
To collaborate with an extended team (legal advisors, Data Protection Officer, project managers, medical advisors, CEO, etc.) in managing the day-to-day contracts process in an efficient and timely manner.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalising all types of agreements related to cancer research including, without limitation, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, clinical study agreements (e.g., with pharmaceutical companies, association members and partners, individual hospitals, vendors), consortium agreements, service agreements, grant agreements, as well as other related documents
- Working and liaising with team members to facilitate the coordination of the legal aspects of various study activities (e.g., start-up, amendment, termination)
- Advising on any legal and ethical issues related to the research being developed or conducted (e.g., informed consent, governance, etc.)
- Advising on a variety of other legal matters related to the running of the organisation (e.g., insurance, statutes, etc.)
- Advising on legal matters related to fundraising activities, when necessary
- You hold a Master’s in Law
- You have 4 to 6 years experience in contracts law ideally acquired in a law firm as Lawyer/Barrister
- An experience in the field of clinical research or in the medical sector is a strong asset
- Fluent written and spoken English; Other languages are an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a team, but also independently
- Strong sense of responsibilityand ethics
- Excellent organisationaland time-management skills,not losing sight of both short- and long-term objectives
- You are detail-oriented and precise
- You are able to multi-task and problem-solve in a busy and sometimes stressful environment
- You can work proactively, anticipate needs and follow things through
- You have a high level of integrity and professionalism, are able to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- You are a positive individual with an engaging personality
- A 1 year full time contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Working hours: 38h00/week, regular hours
- Location: the offices are located in the centre of Brussels and are very accessible by public transport (metro/tram)
- The opportunity to work in a stimulating international environment, and for an organisation which genuinely makes a difference!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com