Our client is a human-sized firm active in the financial sector (+/- 20 staff). They are located in the Louise area in Brussels. They are today looking to recruit a diligent Legal & Compliance Coordinator. This is a newly created position.
Purpose of the role
To provide coordination, administrative support to the legal and compliance teams. To coordinate and manage the corporate housekeeping in order to ensure the corporate governance.
- Being the primary support to the team in charge of corporate deals, in the backing, implementation and maintenance of deal structures
- Filing official documents (paper and e-archiving)
- Following up on the execution of documents from a legal perspective
- Maintaining standard legal documentation for recurrent use (e.g. NDAs, internal lending contracts, recurrent by-laws, etc.)
- Liaising and following up with the external legal advisors (corporate law firms)
- Maintaining standing data for the group’s legal entities: following up and updating the central file with the major information related to all the entities
- Providing support to the Compliance team
- Coordinating efforts to evidence adherence to the compliance standards in the group
- Interacting with the teams of providers (banks, outsourced services, law firms)
- Maintaining compliance documentation (by-laws, ID documents, structure charts, etc.)
- Providing FATCA/CRS declaration report
- Coordinating KYC/AML information regarding from investors
- Planning the various committees required
- Gathering the required documentation of Committees
- Minuting the committees and getting the appropriate signatures
- Ensuring a completeness of the legal documentation of the companies
- Inputting to various analysis to be done by the CFO and the Advisory structure
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a legal or compliance function or in a Paralegal position, ideally acquired in an investment fund, a Management Holding company or a financial institution
- An experience with DocuSign and in corporate housekeeping is a plus
- You possess an excellent level of English and a very good level of French
- You are internationally minded and seek to work in an intellectually stimulating environment
- You possess a very good knowledge of MS Office and modern communications tools
- You are rigorous with a sound thought process
- You are flexible and mobile and are available for short business trips in Europe
- You are mature and can work independently
- You have a work hard, play hard mentality
- A permanent, full time employment contract
- Starting date: ASAP!
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits including a company car, petrol card, luncheon vouchers, Eco cheques, group and health insurances, 26 holiday days (the working week is 38h00), etc.
- Location: the company is located in the Louise area and is therefore reachable by public transport
- The opportunity to work in a fast paced, human-sized company with a flat hierarchy and a stimulating business culture!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org