Our client is an international federation in the financial sector representing the interests of its members towards the EU institutions. Their human-sized and multinational office (+/- 10 people) is located in the Arts-Loi area and is currently looking to recruit a diligent Assistant to reinforce their team.
This is a newly created position and ideal opportunity for a college leaver!
Purpose of the role
To support the team and manage daily office management tasks.
To support colleagues in communication and marketing activities, as well as internal and external meeting and event organisation, both in Belgium and within Europe.
To support in the travel arrangements of the management and the team.
Calendar Management & Office assistance
- Assist in the management of the calendars for the team
- Arrange travel and accommodation for the Management team and other colleagues, including travel itineraries, visa applications, etc. in Europe and beyond
- Office management: ensuring the smooth running of the office, placing orders, liaising with suppliers, facilities management
- Support in the logistical preparations for internal/external meetings: meeting room and technical equipment reservation, document preparation and printing; organisation of catering; preparation of badges etc.
- Onsite assistance with the above at events in Belgium
- Attend the events in Belgium
- In collaboration with the Communications team, support in the management of the federation website, and associated on-line platforms, support in development of the products (publications, presentations, videos, promotional material) and contribute to their editing and proofreading as necessary, support in relationship with suppliers (print and web design agencies, photographers, filmmakers)
- Support in the coordination and production of newsletters and outreach communications
- Support in raising the profile of the organisation and ensuring strong brand presence; support in the marketing and outreach strategy to contribute to attracting new members and partners; support in ensuring promotion of the federation events and work with relevant event stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English (C2) and ideally French (C1)
- IT mindedness (MS Office, website management, CRM, social media)
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in a similar position and environment
- Cultural sensitivity and international mindedness
- Good general communication skills, attention to detail and reliability are essential
- Ability to take the initiative and find solutions to problems as they arise
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, maintain a professional approach and genuine service mindedness
- Dynamism, hands on mentality and flexibility are essential (small team)
- Team mindedness and cooperative attitude
- A commitment to the values and goals of the European Union
- Starting date: A.S.A.P.
- A permanent contract
- Full time (37h30/week)
- Homeworking schedule: 2 days/week
- An entry level salary with a complete benefits package including luncheon vouchers (€8,00), group insurance, pensions plan, DKV (including ambulatory and dental insurance), reimbursement of public transport (€40,00/month), iPhone, +/- 30 holiday days (full time basis)
- A motivating and challenging role within an influential international trade association
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment
- The opportunity to join a dynamic and friendly team
- In this small team, the sense of initiative and the willingness to contribute are key, and responsibilities could evolve over time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com