Our client is a young and innovative consultancy firm specialised in risk management and actuarial services. They are part of a global network with offices in different countries. They are known and respected for their multidisciplinary tailor-made approach and for the added value of the different services they offer. Their Belgian team (10-15 people) is small but fast-growing and has offices in the Zaventem-Diegem region. They are currently recruiting a talented Office/Business Support Manager.
Purpose of the role:
This is a creation of a role. the Office/Business Support Manager will be in charge of the smooth running of the Belgian office and will support the local team in their daily activities. The Business Support Assistant will also ensure that a (virtual) network of Experts can deliver client work at the highest professional standards. The position will be based in Zaventem/Diegem but offers a lot of flexibility in terms of working hours and work organisation. The new hire can work on a part-time basis and, only during 1 day/week presence in the office is required (the rest of the week you can work from home).
- offering first class administrative support to the Partners and the team
- diary management, organising meeting and business trips (including the management of visa & passport requirements)
- setting-up calls/videoconferences/online meetings
- updating contacts’ lists
- preparing business-related documents, reports and presentations
- screening e-mails and phone calls
Office & facility management
- ensuring the smooth running of the office (ordering office material, arranging repairs, liaising with suppliers, …)
- negotiating and following up on contracts with suppliers
- liaising with landlord/building manager
- assisting with car fleet management in collaboration with colleagues from HQ
HR administration and accounting-related duties
- preparing, sending and registering client invoices
- following-up on client payments, sending reminders if necessary
- checking & registering suppliers’ invoices
- monthly/quarterly processing of expense notes
- scanning and preparing the necessary documents for the external Accountant
- registering holidays/absences, liaising with social secretariat for payroll purposes
- helping out with the onboarding of new employees (from an administrative point of view)
- assisting the team with HR-related questions
Marketing & sales support
- updating the website, posting content on the company’s website and social media
- managing job advertisements on company website + external websites
- preparing and sending mailings
- preparing PowerPoint presentations
- updating databases
Please note that this list of responsibilities is non exhaustive and that you may be asked to take on additional tasks depending on the workload, the needs of the team and the growth of the organisation.
- You are fluent in English. You have a good level in Dutch and French.
- You ideally have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience as a Management/Executive Assistant or in an all-round Office Management/Business Support role. Previous experience with HR administration is an important asset.
- Experience in the (international) service sector is essential. Experience working in a smaller structure and/or within a virtual office structure can be a strong asset.
- You are autonomous and extremely organised (planning own work, juggling multiple priorities, creating/improving work procedures, etc.)
- You are proactive and you have strong problem solving skills – you are able to think outside the box
- You are genuinely service minded and versatile, you are a quick learner
- You are a committed and resourceful self-starter and you can work with limited supervision
- You can communicate at all levels including Board level
- You are comfortable working in a virtual office structure (only 1 day/week in the office)
- A part-time employment contract (50-80%, exact working schedule to be agreed upon)
- Permanent contract
- Starting date: ASAP
- A competitive salary
- Flexible work practices: only 1 day/week in the office, rest of the time you can work from home
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing, international, human-sized company with a very nice team!
- The role offers a lot of variation & autonomy and plenty of learning opportunities !
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org