Our client is a family office which offers financial, tax & legal services as well as a broad spectrum of services in the field of asset and wealth management to affluent individuals or families in Belgium. Their offices are located in the city centre of Brussels (Louise area). They are currently recruiting a Personal Assistant who will work for the Head of 1 of these families, a prominent entrepreneur, founding member and member of the board of several Belgian and international companies.
Purpose of the role
Assisting this entrepreneur/business executive on a daily basis in his private and professional activities; handling administrative tasks for the different companies he owns and has mandates in; coordinating business & private travel; agenda & meeting management; liaising with various internal & external stakeholders.
- Agenda and meeting management: scheduling professional and private appointments (doctor, bank, private lunches, …), preparing the necessary documents for these meetings
- Making (complex) travel arrangements in collaboration with external travel agency
- Making sure ID cards and international passports are always valid
- Handling a wide range of administrative tasks for the different companies the business executive owns and the ones he has mandates in
- Screening incoming mail and emails, forwarding emails to the appropriate person, following up on pending issues
- Checking incoming invoices, sending them to the external accountant, making sure they get paid on time
- Creating & updating Excel spreadsheets (with information on cashflow, investments, …)
- Acting as a first point of contact for the bank: preparing & updating forms and documents, sending them signed copies back, following up on due/expiration dates, …
- Payroll duties: sending relevant information to social secretariat, making sure the employees (3-4 people) are paid on time, sending them relevant documents, etc.
- Scanning, filing and archiving relevant documents
- Organising private events (liaising with guests, organising travels, booking local venues/restaurants/hotels, coordinating logistical aspects, etc.)
- Liaising with internal & external parties (business associates, family officer, bank, social secretariat, accountant, law firm, travel agency, members of the family, employees and ExCo members of some of the above mentioned companies, etc.)
- The ideal candidate holds a relevant bachelor (Office Management, Languages, Communication, Management, Law, etc.)
- You are fluent in French (spoken and written) with an excellent level in English and an operational level in Dutch. Some knowledge of Spanish could also be an asset.
- Previous relevant experience of minimum 5 years required (as Personal Assistant, Office Manager, Finance Assistant, etc.), ideally acquired in the corporate sector. Previous working experience in the finance/investment sector would be a plus.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, …), strong administrative skills and figure-mindedness
- Corporate presentation, courteous, dedicated with a positive attitude
- Genuinely service and quality minded and desire to be helpful and to offer a top-of the-range service
- Ability to interact at all levels, diplomatic skills, an extreme discretion is paramount
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise
- Some resourcefulness and creativity, proactive attitude
- This is a small structure, therefore, a flexible mindset and a willingness to adjust are also important aptitudes
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: A.S.A.P.
- Competitive salary
- Location: the offices are located in central Brussels (Louise area) and are therefore easily accessible by public transport. There are also parking possibilities.
- Working hours: regular office hours (Monday-Friday), exact working schedule and homeworking possibilities are to be discussed
- The opportunity to be part of a small but really nice team and to work in a very high-level environment!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org