Our client is a high profile, human-sized company in the impact investment sector. They focus on leveraging funds to finance projects in fields such as sustainable development, access to health services for vulnerable populations and the fight against poverty and social exclusion through innovative educational programmes. They fund projects worldwide but they particularly focus on India where they have a significant team of experts. For their Brussels office, located in Elsene/Ixelles, they are today recruiting a high-level Personal Assistant to the Chairman. This is a newly created position.
Purpose of the job:
To provide a first-class logistics support to the Founder and Chairman in matters related to his professional and private lives. To assist him with his highly complex calendar and inbox management. To liaise with the other Assistants (located in Brussels and India) and occasionally seek their assistance and support in the execution of specific tasks.
- Managing a highly complex diary: the Chairman manages several activities and projects for his company. On top of that he has mandates in several boards of private companies
- Organising meetings and business trips (mostly in India)
- Organising business and evening lunches
- Organising private events in Belgium, France & Switzerland gathering up to 100 people: liaising with the participants (philanthropic investors, CE0s, climate activists, researchers, academics, etc.)
- Organising and preparing conference calls and Visio conferences using Teams/Zoom and other platforms (he has meetings non-stop every day)
- Managing 6 Outlook in boxes (c.f. his various roles and mandates), handling some e-mails autonomously, bringing important ones to the Chairman’s attention, deleting others, following up on pending issues, etc.
- Optimising the use of his various devices, ensuring IT issues are resolved quickly
- Providing occasional out of hours support in case of urgent situations (cancellation of flights during the weekends or evenings, etc.)
- Handling and filtering calls or meeting requests from a wide variety of stakeholders (partners, experts, staff members, etc.)
- Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor or a Master in Office Management, Languages/Translation, Business studies, Communications, etc.
- Excellent level of French and English (spoken and written), Dutch is a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position, ideally acquired in professional services (top management consulting firm, corporate law firm, investment fund/private equity, etc.)
- Experience in managing multiple complex calendars and inboxes is compulsory
- Superior communications and interpersonal skills
- Very good skills on MS Office, digitally minded
- You are extremely precise, rigorous, dynamic, organised, with a genuine eye for detail
- You are stress resistant and reliable
- You are proactive and structured (the diary of the Chairman is filled with double bookings and needs to be streamlined and/or re-organised)
- You are a very good team player (as you will be working with 2/3 other Assistants)
- You also are very diplomatic and discrete but with a direct communications style
- You are hands on and flexible (in terms of job content and working hours, although overtime will be recuperated)
- A permanent and full-time contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Working hours: 37h30/week with some overtime, 25 holiday days
- Homeworking schedule: to be discussed
- Location: the company is located in the heart of Brussels and is therefore easily accessible by public transport. Free parking is provided
- This is the ideal opportunity for a corporate Assistant to work in a very international and multicultural company whose purpose is to make a positive impact and to contribute to making the world a better place
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com