Our client is a small, international law firm located in central Brussels. They are currently recruiting a diligent assistant to assist 1 or 2 lawyers.
- Acting as a first point of contact for internal and external parties: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Managing diaries (Outlook-agenda) and organising meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive/lawyer
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Organising events and conferences
- Reminding the manager/executive/lawyer of important tasks and deadlines (deadline management)
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence (emails, letters)
- Handling transcriptions
- Proofreading technical, often complex legal texts (requires a high level of linguistic skills, especially in German)
- Managing databases (CRM) and filing systems
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Collating and filing expenses
- Miscellaneous tasks to support their lawyer(s), the whole Brussels team and making sure that the procedures in the office are running smoothly
- Future evolution possibilities in the role: assisting/backing up the Office Manager with some HR-related & accounting duties
- The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor in Office Management or Languages
- You have a perfect level in German (both oral and written) and a fluent level in English (also both oral and written). Knowledge of French and/or Dutch can be a strong asset.
- You ideally possess 2-5 years of experience in a similar role and ideally in a similar environment
- You are computer literate and possess advanced skills in MS Office
- You are extremely precise and rigorous, with a genuine eye for detail
- You are highly organised and able to set priorities
- You are proactive & solution oriented and you always apply common sense
- You are a good team player and have good interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills
- You are flexible and very much enjoy working in a small team
- A 1-year contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible!
- A competitive salary with some extra-legal benefits
- Extensive training during the onboarding period
- Homeworking possibilities: 1 -2 days per week
- Holidays: 32 days per year
- International working environment, very friendly team to work in!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com